Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Well, there you go.
I do believe that it's important to try new techniques and push the limits of your painting. I feel like I did that here, but at the same time, I not 100% satisfied with the results. I suspect that I'll take these lessons and improve them on my next piece.
I'll tell you one thing, these pictures really highlight some areas I still need to work on with this.
The hand is a touch sloppy. I might need to clean it up a bit.
I'm pretty happy with the freehand. I can see errors in this picture that I couldn't see with my eye, so I'll have to go back and correct them. I think the biggest thing is that the colors seem flat. I'm not looking forward to going back to highlight and shade the freehand, but I think it needs to be done.
I tried a combination of metallic and non-metallic painting here. I'm mostly happy.
Ok, after a couple touch-ups, I'll start working on the base.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
The eye on his "casting" hand is going to be red. I'm planning on doing some object source lighting to make it look like it's glowing. I'm pretty intimidated by it, so hopefully it's not a complete disaster.
I need to start working on the elaborate base after that.