Friday, January 23, 2009

So it's almost the end of January....

And I'm still talking about 2008. Let me just get this out of the way.

Here are more noteable events of 2008:

More Game Stores in and around Chicago!!
This year saw the opening of Gamer's Asylum in Evanston (where I purchased some Bloodletters and my collecter edition of 5th), Black Sun Games in Chicago (Where I picked up my Lord of Change and Assault on Black Reach), and The Games Dojo (Where I've never actaully been but figured I'd mention it).

I for a long time have looked for a games store to make my "home store". However, since I already have a regular place to play (not a game store), I'm probably not as excited about this as I could be. They're good stores and I plan to support them (Black Sun at least), but I don't see myself playing in them that often.

5th Edition of 40K
This is a huge deal. I've been over this, but I really like 5th edition. It's sad that a fair number of people I know actually quit 40K over 5th edition. Oh well; their loss.

First time running a 40K campaign
Again, I've been over this. I've learned something and I'm moving forward.

Blogging
Seems like more blogs then ever have popped up this year. I'm sad to say that I think I wrote less this year then in the two proceeding years (look here for 06). More on this in the next post.


Wheew! I'm glad that's out of the way....

No comments: