Friday, August 3, 2007

Back To Work!



All right. Enough about Games Day and all that noise. On to more Thousand Sons goodness. Above is my first of what will probably be several rhinos.

I've also done some work on the base for my sorcerer lord riding a disc of Tzeentch. This has been a bit of a headache. When I first put it together, it looked like this:



I want it to look like my lord is riding a flat-topped floating rock over a ruined urban scene. I'm not crazy about Games Workshop's current Disc of Tzeentch. I was also partly inspired by this piece of Tzeentch-themed scenery.

The problem I had with it was that the post looked odd in front of the buttress. If the flying post (or do I call it a "flight stick"?) isn't supposed to be there, it will look super obvious if it was in front of one of the main elements of the scenic base.

Anyway, I was pretty annoyed so I tore the whole thing apart and re-positioned it. I even drilled a hole through the buttress so that the flight stick would be even less obvious.

This is how it came out (sorry for the blurry picture):



The hole didn't come out as straight as I had hoped, so I'm hoping some paint will hide the imperfections.

2 comments:

Chicago Terrain Factory said...

Can you attach the disk at a smaller point to the wall? Like this pegaus from jen haley.

http://demonwinner.free.fr/usa/2004Chicago/golden_demon_winner.php?categorie=5

Scott said...

Possibly. I think I'm going to finish this one and then down the line, build a new disc and base. The Sorcerer, disc and base are all separate pieces so that if I don't like one, I can switch it out.

The wall is at a different angle now and it makes the disc look like it's way too high. I think I have to cut the post down a bit.