Monday, January 28, 2008

Terrain Monday!

Hello all and welcome to a new feature here at Citizen Nick Hobby Center:

Terrain Monday!

Every Monday I feature one piece of gaming scenery for your inspirational viewing pleasure. Most of these probably won't be mine as I don't have a large collection. I will be featuring finished pieces as well as works in progress (WIP).

First piece comes from the collection of Art Olsen. Art has one of the best terrain collections I've ever seen, so expect to see a lot from him in the coming months.

Today's piece is a ruined chapel:



As Art bought this second hand, so he is unsure of the manufacture. At first, I thought it was some form of Armorcast, but I'm not 100% sure. The buttresses are from GW's Basilica.

The chapel is attached to a base of fiberboard with some felt glued on the bottom. The felt keeps the piece from sliding around during games.

Above you can see some vile Tau desecrating the chapel during a recent game.


You've probably seen this picture before. I like it, so I'm posting it again.



That's all for this week, folks. If you want some of your gaming terrain/ scenery, whatever profiled, use the contact button on my profile to send me some pics.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. I like that building a lot. I will have to make it over to Art's for a game some time soon.

JPL said...

Art's stuff is killer as usual. you should get him to use his new Death Korp as models in any new scenery he forwards you. I saw Art at GWOP last week and his guys the painted "skullmask" faces are just awesome.

I'll get some new pics of my table this week over to you for a potential future update.

Scott said...

Please do, John!

I need to actually come to your house for a game sometime, too. It's been a while, eh?

JPL said...

Hell yeah we do, I don't think at this point I'd be much of challenge in 40K, I'm planning on revamping my marines when the new edition comes. Slap those wolf riders together (or not) and lets give it go..I have at least 1000 pts of O&G so there is no problem getting some easy learning games in..anytime you want. I got new 42" LCD TV so bring max and he can go to town on the cable.